My New -Al Maram v.2- indicator - page 3

Thanks for the indicator to test. I have noticed on forex-tsd over the last 2 years that most traders need, as an incentive to test, to have one with no expiration date, are you willing to post an unlimited? thanks,goldensight

Thanks for the Indi

Thanks for your indicator Al Maram.

I have a question on when the calculations are made.

You said it provides the new buy/sell levels after the asian session and that you use Alpari broker?

I realize that it doesn't matter what time frame we attach it too since its hard coded, but the calculations can vary alot depending on the broker time shift, no?

I don't know what time zone alpari uses, GMT or GMT+1 etc, but I assume to get similar buy/sell levels as you we must use alpari data feed? Or is there a plan in the future to adjust for time shift?

Also, what time exaclty does the indicator give out the new signal, either Alpari broker time or GMT, whatever is easiest to provide. Thanks!

goldensight:
Thanks for the indicator to test. I have noticed on forex-tsd over the last 2 years that most traders need, as an incentive to test, to have one with no expiration date, are you willing to post an unlimited? thanks,goldensight

i'm not testing it , the point from expiration that i want to make sure that none will have a bad coded indicator , i mean i don't want to spread somthing that have many bugs and errors or miscalculation.

plus actually i'm not a programmer at all -i'm a medical student- , but i used the strategy for the last 5 months (with no indicator) and it was working well -in my real account- , so i donno if i'm gonna keep it in the future for free , or sell it with very low price , just because it eats my time really too much

so for now , i'm sorry , it's very hard to provide with unlimited version until i take the decision either it deserve or not to sell it

lepiricus:
Thanks for your indicator Al Maram.

I have a question on when the calculations are made.

You said it provides the new buy/sell levels after the asian session and that you use Alpari broker?

yes

I realize that it doesn't matter what time frame we attach it too since its hard coded, but the calculations can vary alot depending on the broker time shift, no?

because only 1 pip from Open/High/Low/Close may cause a gradual change in the end to give miscalculation completely

I don't know what time zone alpari uses, GMT or GMT+1 etc, but I assume to get similar buy/sell levels as you we must use alpari data feed? Or is there a plan in the future to adjust for time shift?

yes i may added this option in the future but as i told you the problem is not the time because the indicator understand what candle exactly he is working on , the problem that the Opens/Highs/Lows/Closes may differ from broker to another with more then 10 pips sometime, specially with the High/Low prices

Also, what time exaclty does the indicator give out the new signal, either Alpari broker time or GMT, whatever is easiest to provide. Thanks!

After the closure of the fifth candle in alpari

my answers are in red

Best Regards

Hi Dr.GM

Can an EA be made out of this indicator ? Since it gives the buy and sell signals daily, an EA can use it to place the trades. So this system will be able to be made automatic. And a good backtest can then be done using this EA going back a few years.

Just a tought.

Warm Regards,

Yusof786

yusof786:
Hi Dr.GM

Can an EA be made out of this indicator ? Since it gives the buy and sell signals daily, an EA can use it to place the trades. So this system will be able to be made automatic. And a good backtest can then be done using this EA going back a few years.

Just a tought.

Warm Regards,

Yusof786

it's currently under-construction but my priority here is for the indicator for now

thanks for the suggestion

best Regards

alantop:
What is the time period?

From looking at the chart in post #9, I would guess H1.

Funny I have the source code for that indicator, perhaps you will reconize some of it. It is from an indicator called ABHAFIBOEM, perhaps minime was right

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_COLOR,UpColor);

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIBOLEVELS,7);

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+0,0.0);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",0,"100.0 %$");

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+1,0.236);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",1,"123.6 %$");

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+2,0.382);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",2,"SHORT***138.2 %$");

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+3,0.5);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",3,"150.0 %$");

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+4,0.618);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",4,"SHORT***161.8 %$");

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+5,0.764);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",5,"176.4 %$");

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+6,1.0);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",6,"STOP 50 PIPS 200.0 %$");

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_RAY,1);

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_BACK,1);

if (ObjectFind("FiboDn") == -1)

Files:
abhafiboem.jpg  116 kb

and yes I know what is inside your indicator

programmed By DR.GM (AKA : dr Mahmoud ADEL )dr.gm@hotmail.com Expire on 2008/Feb

Files:
maram.jpg  134 kb

Foreverold:
Funny I have the source code for that indicator, perhaps you will reconize some of it. It is from an indicator called ABHAFIBOEM, perhaps minime was right

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_COLOR,UpColor);

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIBOLEVELS,7);

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+0,0.0);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",0,"100.0 %$");

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+1,0.236);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",1,"123.6 %$");

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+2,0.382);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",2,"SHORT***138.2 %$");

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+3,0.5);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",3,"150.0 %$");

ObjectSet("FiboUp",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+4,0.618);

ObjectSetFiboDescription("FiboUp",4,"SHORT***161.8 %$");